Placing an Order
Below is the process to order a model from the e-shop:
1. If you have an account with the Sonus Paradisi e-shop already, log in and proceed to Step 2.
If you do not have an account, you will need to create one before you can place an order. To create an account:
- Select My Account in the menu.
- Select the Create an Account button.
- Fill in the required information and select Submit. The account is created and you will be automatically logged in.
- Select Address Book from the My Account menu on the left, then fill in your billing address. If you wish to have physical media shipped to you, you will also need to fill in a shipping address.
Your account automatically makes you eligible for the Sonus Paradisi loyalty (discount) program.
2. Locate the model you wish to purchase via the Organs menu and open its webpage.
3. Select the Order tab, then select Details and Order
4. Review the details and then select Add to Cart put the desired sample set into the Cart.
- If you want to have physical media shipped to you, you can do this once you have completed a purchase rather than when you first place your order. This is due to the way the e-shop software works.
5. Click Checkout in the upper menu and follow the steps required to submit the order.
6. At the end of the checkout process, you will be taken to the PayPal gateway for payment. Log into your PayPal account and make the payment. If you fail to make the payment when you complete the order, your order will be canceled.
7. After you have completed checkout and submitted your payment through PayPal, Sonus Paradisi will process your order as soon as possible, usually within 1-3 business days, and often within a few minutes.
8. At the moment order processing is finished, download links will be added to your account in the Sonus Paradisi e-shop and your PayPal payment will also be transferred to Sonus Paradisi. You will receive a confirmation email that notifies you that the links are now active.
If you don’t see a confirmation email in your inbox soon after an order is placed, please look in your spam folder. Sometimes emails from the e-shop are mistakenly sent to spam on a customer’s email server.
9. To access the download links, look in the My Account menu for the My Products section, and click on the new model in the product list. Since this your first time accessing the new model, the e-shop will display “Licence never accepted, please accept” in the License column. Click on this text to display the license. You must read and agree to the license terms before you can download the packages for installation. Signify your acceptance of the license by marking the checkbox as indicated at the bottom of the license.
10. You will now be able to access the download links by selecting the Download Links icon. Download each package using a web browser or download manager application.
- Note: For slow or unreliable internet connections, we strongly recommend a download manager. If you have difficulty downloading the packages without interruption or corruption, see the Troubleshooting page.
11. Once all the packages are downloaded, you can install them in the usual way within Hauptwerk. More information on how to do this can be found in the Installation Details section below.
If the model you have purchased uses encryption, you must also update your Hauptwerk dongle before you can access the installed model. See the Dongle Updates section below for more information. The dongle update can be performed before or after installation of the model, but you will not be able to access the encrypted model until the update is completed.
Alternative Payment Methods
Paying by Credit Card: You can pay with a credit card via PayPal without having a PayPal account. The process is straightforward on the PayPal site. However, be sure your card does not have a transaction limit for internet purchases that is below the price of the model, or your payment via PayPal will fail because it will be rejected by your credit card company. For example, if there is a 500 EUR transaction limit on your card for internet purchases, you will not be able to pay for a shopping cart containing sample sets for 600 EUR. This is the most common reason for payment issues when using a credit card.
Paying by Bank Transfer: You can also choose to pay using a bank transfer if needed. Banking data are supplied during the checkout process. Please note that the order is processed when the funds are deposited in the destination bank account. It may take several business days.
Ordering Physical Media
You can order physical media once your order is complete. Navigate to the My Products page of your account. You have the option to order physical media for any of your products by selecting the Media Order icon. Most models are shipped on DVDs, but the largest models are shipped on a USB drive.
The Hauptwerk documentation contains detailed instructions on installing models, but here is a summary of the process.
- Note: The installation of the sample set is done completely from within Hauptwerk. There is no need for you to manually unpack the RAR files first. But you will need to know the location where you downloaded the packages.
To install the files:
- Start Hauptwerk.
- Select the File menu, and then select "Install organ ...".
- Hauptwerk opens a dialog box. Navigate through the directory tree to the installation package, and select the first installation package. If the installation files are not recognized by the program, see the Troubleshooting page.
- Hauptwerk will unpack and install the package. Confirm installation when prompted by Hauptwerk. If Hauptwerk displays an error message indicating corruption within the package, see the Troubleshooting page. There may be a way to repair the file without having to re-download it again.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for the remaining installation packages.
Once all the packages have been installed you can load the organ model via the Organ menu, adjusting options for loaded ranks, bit rate, audio routing, and many other parameters if desired.
- Remember that the first time Hauptwerk loads the model it creates a cache file. This can take a long time depending on the amount of CPU power in your computer and the size of the model, but once the cache file exists subsequent loads should be many times faster than the first one.
Dongle Updates (encrypted sample sets only)
For sample sets that use plain (unencrypted) wave format, no dongle update is necessary. The sample set will load as soon as it has been installed and this section does not apply.
If the sample set is sold in encrypted format (this is always clearly shown in the product description), you will need to update your Hauptwerk dongle before you can use the sample set. The process is simple, and normally quite quick. Dongle updates are handled entirely by Milan Digital Audio, the makers of Hauptwerk.
This is how the process of dongle update usually happens:
- Sonus Paradisi gives Milan Digital Audio notice of your purchase as part of order processing.
- Milan Digital Audio sends an e-mail to the you with their dongle update Reference number, precise instructions on how to export the dongle update request file from Hauptwerk, and how to send the update request file to Milan Digital Audio for processing.
- After receiving the update request file from you, Milan Digital Audio sends a dongle update file that you apply from Hauptwerk using the simple instructions included in the email.
Processing dongle updates by Milan Digital Audio often happens within just a few hours, but on occasion there can be a backup in processing. Also, be sure their emails are not going to your spam filter (this happens frequently to people, who then cannot find the necessary emails).